Sign in to follow this  
Seamus

Hermaður Karlossson TK Appeal

Posted (edited)

So I got TK'd for two weeks to be sent of ICly to a psychiatric ward, however the whole situation was pretty AIDS from the start as it stemmed from metagame.

[Saturday 17:39]
Clokr:
	Well she already knows so she’s gonna find him first

male_07:
	if she comes back he's just gonna say it and be like "I thought you were gone... I thought you left me"
	how does she know already

Clokr:
	She always keeps an eye on him

male_07:
	wdym

[Saturday 17:40]
Clokr:
	Since I haven’t been on myself she’s been keeping to herself a lot

male_07:
	ah, okay

Clokr:
	But she’s always been watching him

[Saturday 17:41]
male_07:
	well, he hasnt seen her at all

Clokr:
	Since she couldn’t get enough of him

male_07:
	so at the same time, his worst assumption overtook him

Clokr:
	Until she saw him cheating

male_07:
	how the hell did she see that

[Saturday 17:42]
Clokr:
	The hot tub with him naked alongside two other naked women?
	You never do that unless you’re going to fuck them

^Had this not happened Karlossson wouldn't have been emotionally unstable, and therefore wouldn't have lashed out at anyone (in this situation it was Holtz.)

You might call upon the other situation where he assaulted an officer, but that was already dealt with in a summary court martial @Jimbow, got B&W for a select period (can't remember the time), and as such was already sentenced due to that whole situation during R&R being a bit of a clusterfuck.

I'm getting a 2 week TK for something that stemmed from metagame, so I was hoping it could just be voided, @Pasta@Luna

As an explanation for the naked hot tub thing, it's very simple.

mama din't raise no bitch

Edited by Seamus

So here's the situation overview and my medical standpoint.

Overview of the situation:

Karlossson had a psychotic episode, the first one brought upon by guilt of "cheating" on his partner (Clokr's character Amelie) only to find out she was in fact still around / alive. During this episode, he threatened an officer with death and was immediately relieved of duty and sent back to the ship during R&R where he was taken into medical custody pending a formal psychological evaluation. Following Karlossson's detainment, Clokr's character (Karlossson's partner, Amelie) arrived at RnR with knowledge of the events that had taken place. Fast forward, she attempted to commit suicide and was barely saved by the medical team. Resulting in a MEDEVAC and Discharge on psychiatric grounds.

Later, Karlossson was informed of the situation that had taken place where he then suffered another psychotic episode and tore a toilet off of the brig's wall before being sedated by medical personnel (IE: Vond). Given the extent of Karlossson's trauma - both in childhood as well as recent events, coupled with the fact that Vond hadn't even been able to perform a psych eval due to these episodes, the recommendation was put in that he be transferred for psychiatric care. 

The justification from Vond's point of view was that the man clearly had deep-rooted psychological trauma that needed more specified, direct care that would be best provided off of an active military vessel. We do not have the capacity for long-term psychiatric care, merely the means of evaluating/assessing psychological stability and handling episodes as they present on an emergency basis.

Karlossson was transferred for psychiatric attention and given a one-month TK, during which time his character would undergo therapy and so forth.

Fast forwarding to the appeal itself and my standpoint on it:

I don't know whether or not metagame actually occurred and that I'll leave that determination up to the XA's. As far as the way events took place, Karlossson was presenting psychological issues prior to Clokr's intervention. The simple fact is that regardless of Clokr's involvement in the entire ordeal, Karlossson was still pulled from active duty pending psychiatric attention - this was before Clokr's involvement on his character and alleged metagame. I am not necessarily opposed to the TK being revoked. However, we cannot void the entire event that took place, as the character's psychological issues were present before there was any potential for metagame. If you want to void the events following this point of him being relieved, I would not object to that but I can't help but think the character's mental state will pull a total 180 and go back to being relatively fine.

One way or the other, I don't particularly care what direction we go with this one. I'm not gunning to remove a decent medic character. At the same time, we also need to consider how far into this we already are. Do we then void Amelie (Clokr's character) trying to kill herself? Etc.

@Deckers @Jimbow @Pasta

Sorry for the delayed response to this by the XA team but we've been discussing the whole situation in our chat to gather a bit of a more understanding to the whole situation. I'll handle this appeal due to the lack of response by other XA's and Jimbow is directly involved in this.

@Pasta @Jimbow please post your cases to this as you're mentioned. Poptart has already registered and will be posting later.

Just as a quick response to Luna's claims that I would've been pending psych ward previous to Clokr's metagame,

His mental instability was a lot less than what it was after the incident, meaning that it wouldn't have been dangerous/difficult to perform therapy on him at that point.

If this does get voided, it won't be a 180, but his instability will regress to how it was before the metagame incident.

This has been handled, Seamus has been given specific instructions.

Locked.