Greetings all,

Effective immediately, I am resigning my position as XA. This is due to a number of factors that I am going to iterate because fuck it. You guys need to hear, once again because you lot have done it before and will do it again. If there is a server to do it on. 

Firstly, I love SSTRP, I loved this community and communities before it. But frankly it is not the same SSTRP that I have fallen in love with. The majority of the player base has drifted away from the actual lore that is seen in the movies and books. Everyone is just too fucking soft, god forbid you get yelled you go crying to the forums. I’ve been called a power hungry cunt, even though I did what I thought was in the best interest for the server. Also it just seems that the player base would rather sit around and ERP, instead of actually roleplay. Might as well not be SSTRP and do brothelRP. Since when is it acceptable to roleplay something so vile and disgusting like rape? If this is commonly accepted and everyone is okay with it, this is not a place I want to be.

Secondly, the way you guys treat the XA’s and developers is disgusting. I know it’s been said before and beaten to death by my predecessors but it’s true. Lit and Seamus would work hours on hours even days to add content to the server. But get met with constant shitting on for no good reason. I frankly don’t understand why I sank money, and time and effort into a server that doesn’t respect the people working their asses off to make it better. Do we make mistakes sometimes, yes we do. We’re human too everyone makes fucking mistakes. Instead of being pricks about it and starting shit, why not talk to us one on one. It has literally become a cesspool of toxicity for no fucking reason. We’d remove one toxic person and three more would pop in their place.

Lastly, the good parts. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here despite what’s been posted above. I wanted to thank those who have made my time here unique and fun. I’ve enjoyed working with the majority of you. The admin team was top notch in my opinion, even though I personally feel like a select few of the admins are just here to start drama for no reason. I specifically want to point out some of the admins that are underappreciated @Ymot, a quiet one but he’s genuinely one of the nicest guys around. @Cipher for doing so much work that is also unappreciated, people shit on you for some reason. But you are one of the ones who will happily run a campaign and spearhead such things. @Kris just for being a cutie pie. I also want to thank @Lit and @Deckers for everything that they've done. It’s been a pleasure working with you both all this time. @Seamus for being a solid developer even though he’s a major idiot at times, but we still love him. @Pasta for being a good friend throughout the years, and @Rook because he is the Rook. Of course Xalphox, he also tried to guide us in the right direction, contrary to popular opinion, he does care. Last but not least, the hero squad, @hititus, @Sting, @Scoutis. Don’t get butthurt if I didn’t @ you, it’s probably because I forgot or I simply don’t like you. It’s for you to decide.

Bless up,

Jimbow

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

sorry if i added to the toxicity before this summer 😞 even I now realized how badly i treated the people who went out of their way to make fun shit for us. I hope this scared the other degenerates and things shape up ❤️

safe travels!!!

• Like 1

I guess Nash won't be Sky Marshal now. 

You're one of the real ones babe. I hope to still get my work feet pictures on Snapchat, and hope that sometime in the near future we'll be able to turn the server around to a point where you might be happy to come back. 

I'd like to say that the points raised here are 100% just and should be taken into consideration.

The XAs, Developers and put far too many hours than is healthy into this server to make it the best experience it can be. @Seamus has stayed up night after night to try and create things that will make this server better and more enjoyable and is not paid at all, nor does he ASK for money. He does it out of generosity and passion for this server. This isn't a call for everyone to go tell him thank you out of some disgusting and cringey obligation. That's insincere and kinda homo. But take into account the hard work and effort put into this server by the developers, the the XAs, the admins and even the fellow players who come here and dedicate their time to make this server a fun and amazing place to be. 

There are a few bad eggs, sure, but let's not make this a negative cesspool. 

TL;DR: Show some appreciation for the hard, unpaid effort people put in to make this server fun for YOU. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OpTiCFaZeSoCkz said:

@Seamus has stayed up night after night to try and create things that will make this server better and more enjoyable and is not paid at all, nor does he ASK for money. He does it out of generosity and passion for this server.

hgzmslmbzo4anknwsmke.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the kind words, and also your input into the server 🙂. Stay safe! 

Its sad to see you go, but your happiness is more important than Gmod rp. 

• Like 1

Stay safe, dude. I don't know much about you but I know that you put a lot of hard work into this steaming pile of gold, known as Starship Troopers RP. I love the server and forever will, and forever will appreciate the effort that the entire Staff team has put into the server. God bless and safe travels. 

p.s. Just wanted to say my apologies for being toxic in LOOC chat whenever I was. I promise, with your departure and all, toxicity (at least from my part) will no longer happen.

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

I'd like your comment but I have hit my reaction limit for the day.

Jimbow, I'm sad to see you go as you are definitely one of the cooler people from this community. I am sorry you guys have to deal with this stuff and I understand your frustrations. Ultimately, if you guys didn't put up with the bad, we wouldn't have the good.

Even if I don't play as much as I used to, this server is still definitely a great experience. Thank you and thanks to the rest of the admin team for making this possible. If you are really resigning, I wish you good fortune and I hope you remain/become happy ❤️

• Like 1

I can see where you're coming from for the most part and it genuinely sucks, but only time will tell if people will start listening and realise how a serious military role-play is supposed to be played. I hope we, as a community, will be able to fix these issues eventually in your absence and I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavours.

Thank you for all you've done as an XA, Jimbow.

Edited by zyn
  • Like 1

You were a true homie my d00d. Fair winds and safe travels, fellow gamer. You know where to find me. 

• Like 1

Farewell, Jimbow. I've know you for a short time but I'd really like to think that we became friends. Wherever life takes you, I'll miss you, no homo.

Love Foxy ❤