Sign in to follow this  
SaintonDrugs

Add Attribute Points to Weapon Specializations and Trainings

Suggestion:

• Increase the SKILL points for a based on weapon specialization tiers. Additionally, also allow trainings in general (both for weapon specializations and not) to possibly provide attribute points, like if an NCO did a training specifically for SAW Gunners focusing on recoil control, maybe they receive an additional stat in Strength. Or in a sniper training, a point in perception could be done if it was just practicing listening to ambient noises for something irregular. Or a practice session in CQB for general infantry giving a +1 in Dex.
  • Alternatively, require additional courses (modules) between each rank up for specialization. Like to get to Tier 2 Grenadier, maybe you need a more in-depth course on explosives and how they work, which may give you +1 INT. These would slow down the process of having everybody with the highest tier of weaponry, also letting the NCO's select people they know are competent. 

Ex. (these are suggested stacking values based on the amount of skill they'd take, preparation, and balance. The more tiers in a specialization, the more points they should get. This is really open to what people are willing to do and discuss)

Grenadiers 

Tier 1 - +2 SKILL

1 module? (They're essentially the same weapon but with more ammo so I'm not sure.)

Tier 2 - +2 SKILL

1-2 modules

Tier 3 - +4 SKILL

SAW Gunner

Tier 1 - +3

Pointman

Tier 1 - +2 SKILL

1-2 modules

Tier 2 - +3 SKILL

Flamer

Tier 1 - +4 SKILL

Ammo Bearer

Tier 1 - +2 SKILL

Marksman

Tier 1 - +2 SKILL

1-2 modules

Tier 2 - +3 SKILL

1-3 modules

Tier 3 - +6 SKILL

Why?: It gives players an incentive to do more trainings and be thorough about them. They would also help to balance out the SKILL stat among the players and force people to be more considerate with who they give higher tiers for Specializations and how quickly. It would give the server a more diverse pool of skills because not every module has to be the same, meaning that while one Pointman might get a training for +1 in Dex, maybe another will get a +1 in PER. It forces NCO's to do more for a training rather than a one time "Here's what the weapon is like, here's how to use it, go ahead and shoot. Done." Elongating and dragging out RP through due process makes it better for the playerbase when done right. And when I say modules I mean something that is educational and interactive that must last at least 1-2 IRL hours and is preferably 1-on-1 or 1-on-2, instructor to trooper ratio.

The server could really use something like this to stimulate RP and get people to be more serious. If an NCO is being proper and sees that a private is mingy, they may be less motivated to invest time and effort RPing to get that person a higher tier. It's a take and give system because people with higher tiers in a specialization should be capable of giving their own trainings to new people. Now you may be asking, what about the people already at max tier in blah blah blah? That's all fine and dandy, but modules can still be done weekly/bi-weekly for them to always feel like they are progressing their characters. Keep in the mind that not every module NEEDS to give an attribute point, but it's something that sweetens the pot.

• Confused 1

In response. There is already somewhat of a system in place. Yet not refined. If a certain person is to consistently do training to better themselves and send it to an admin, thdt admin can choose to award a stay point. 

For instance, a marksman doing an hour or so of rp training and aiming to improve icly may be granted a boost to perception. This isn't in mass amount however, nor is it a way to farm endless stats. The increase would be one or two additional points. 

Other admins may have differing opinions. However if enough, decent quality rp is done and logs are sent to myself, I'll happily review it to see if a bonus to a certain stat should be awarded. 

Bear in mind its not a garuntee you'd be award stat points nor is it a way to farm stats. It's a possible benefit for putting some effort into rp. 

Other, more experienced admins may have more in depth replies to give however. 

• Like 1

I have no opposition to this idea as a whole.

If an NCO wants to run a training based in a specific field and send some screenshots of the training, who attended and some examples of the RP done and the likes, I'll happily hand out a few stat points to those involved.

As Shazzy also mentioned there is a system similair to this in place. I know that personally, for Jonsson I managed to snag 6 points in Strength from doing work out/PT RP every day for several days and sending the logs to an XA to have them approved. As players, it isn't that complex, you simply need to give your RP logs to an admin of you doing something (For Jonsson I'd have her run laps of the ship with additional gear, boxes of ammo and full kit, things like that) and they'll give you 1-2 points in a stat they deem appropriate for the training. 

However, do keep in mind that there is a limit to how much you can pump into a stat, I will likely take some time to review my original post of points and such to find a rough idea at where the limit is to points, or it will simply be a case by case basis. But Admins should be expected to ask how many of 'x' points you have already and work from there. (Keep in mind, things like character height or weight can and should be taken into account when deciding what your cap of points should be. Shorter, thinner characters having a higher cap on dex while lower on strength and larger bulkier characters having limitations in Strength but a higher limit on their Dex, things like that.)

• Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 12:29 PM, Shazzy said:

In response. There is already somewhat of a system in place. Yet not refined. If a certain person is to consistently do training to better themselves and send it to an admin, thdt admin can choose to award a stay point. 

For instance, a marksman doing an hour or so of rp training and aiming to improve icly may be granted a boost to perception. This isn't in mass amount however, nor is it a way to farm endless stats. The increase would be one or two additional points. 

Other admins may have differing opinions. However if enough, decent quality rp is done and logs are sent to myself, I'll happily review it to see if a bonus to a certain stat should be awarded. 

Bear in mind its not a garuntee you'd be award stat points nor is it a way to farm stats. It's a possible benefit for putting some effort into rp. 

Other, more experienced admins may have more in depth replies to give however. 

we used to have a club/forum specifically to apply for roll bonuses

maybe you should have a centralized one where people can apply for additional skill posts so that everything is standardized? so admin A doesn't give out +10 dexterity for /me sucks own dick and admin B gives +2 dex for /me bends over and graciously sucks off the admin team while the knees crack in protest

• Thanks 1